Prefabs to Blueprints
|This article is a stub or a work in progress|
Back up all appropriate files before attempting this guide. Do not overwrite existing files, Only modify copies. This has worked for me but I provide no guarantees that this guide works. By using this guide you relieve me of any responsibility for possible damages caused. This includes corrupted files.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The goal of this guide is to modify and export default ships and stations. these include respawn, abondoned cargo and possibly rare or hidden ships.
- Space Engineers
First thing we need to do is find the files being modified. The prefab location can be found by doing the following:
1.Open the Steam client
2.On the top left toolbar click on LIBRARY and then GAMES.
3.In the list find Space Engineers and right click on it.
4.A drop down menu will appear, click Properties.
5.A new window will open titled Space Engineers - Properties, Click on the LOCAL FILES tab.
6.You will see a button labeled BROWSE LOCAL FILES.... Click on it and it will open your file browser to the location of your space engineers installation
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\Prefabs
Now lets find the blueprints save location.
- Start menu
Here you will find your own saved blueprints if you have any.
- copy prefab Trade1.sbc to blueprint location inside folder
- Rename folder to sbc name (Trade1) for convenience
- rename Trade1.sbc file to bp.sbc
- open bp.spc with notepad++
- change language to XML (optional)
- Ctrl+H or Search>Replace
- Replace all Prefabs with ShipBlueprints
- Replace all Prefab with ShipBlueprint
- also some files <CubeGrids> <CubeGrid> </CubeGrid> </CubeGrids> (add in bold) and <TypeId>MyObjectBuilder_ShipBlueprintDefinition</TypeId>